Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Steps Challenge

This is a small quilt that I made as part of the challenge for the 12bythedozen blog.  The theme was steps and I thought that this salmon ladder would be a good idea.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

The blue base is indigo dyed fabric that was done at a Text'art session at the cottage a few summers ago. Then lots of fusible web to iron down the design, some stitching and painting and appliqué.  I had fun playing with an art app on my ipad.  I imported the half finished piece, played with composition, and then finished it up with the new design ideas.  Move over David Hockney!!


 Below is the original photo.

If you have any comments I'd love to hear from you.  Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Excellent, love it :) Adding the fish was a good idea, and I like more quilting... more is definitely more!! Good work :)