In other words, not so good! Here's a quick look at some of the pieces. I've learned that dry (but pre-soda ashed) fabric takes the colour better. Delphina which is tightly woven mecerized cotton from Whaley's gives much better definition. And silk velvet, as usual looks the best which you can see in the picture of the scarf.
I didn't use the urea or salt. Hmm, guess that's an experiment for next time. Fingers crossed for more snow!
And since I was playing with dyes, and can't stand to waste anything
I threw some socks into plastic bags and mixed up some old made up dye and dye paint and voilà! More socks for a charity for street kids.