A small group of us (all long arm owners) agreed to do a white on white (about a metre squared) which I would then help them dye. My trip to China left me with thoughts of phoenixes as a theme, but when I drew a pair out I found that it was going to be very difficult to quilt. In fact, I learned about negative space - quilting would be required everywhere except on the phoenix. I'll have to think that one through some more.
So instead I did suns and phoenix feathers, and incorporated some plastic rings and wire in the suns to see what will happen when it shrinks.
Stay tuned for the colour episode!